FOUR FEATHERS PRESS ONLINE EDITION: BODY PARTS Send up to three poems on the subject of or just using either the words body and/or part totaling up to 150 lines in length in the body of an email message or attached in a Word file to donkingfishercampbell@gmail.com by 11:59 PM PST on January 19th. No PDF's please. Color artwork is also desired. Please send in JPG form. No late submissions accepted. Poets and artists published in Four Feathers Press Online Edition: Body Parts will be published online and will be invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, January 20th between 3 and 5 pm PST.

Friday, January 19, 2024

Rick Leddy

Twilight

There is a place
A thin line
On your inner thigh
Where my lips butterfly
Touching, but not landing
You catch your breath
As I fly away
There is
A curve
A hint of destination
My tongue follows
As your head tilts back
Lips parting slowly
Revealing another journey
I want to take
There is a rendezvous
Behind your ear
Where I have revealed all my secrets
A summer breeze here then gone
Your answer an exhalation
There is a sigh
The shared heartbeat
Of becoming one
That I miss
As it whispers
In our twilight

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fee Thomas

The Miracle of love I stand right here My eyes fill with water I hear your ship coming to dock I stand right here My hands catch the water I...