FOUR FEATHERS PRESS ONLINE EDITION: BODY PARTS Send up to three poems on the subject of or just using either the words body and/or part totaling up to 150 lines in length in the body of an email message or attached in a Word file to donkingfishercampbell@gmail.com by 11:59 PM PST on January 19th. No PDF's please. Color artwork is also desired. Please send in JPG form. No late submissions accepted. Poets and artists published in Four Feathers Press Online Edition: Body Parts will be published online and will be invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, January 20th between 3 and 5 pm PST.

Friday, January 19, 2024

R A Ruadh

Entwinings


I lie awake

your breathing soft on my neck

tangling with my hair

tracing my ear


Warm feet enfold

one another our arches and

toes commingling with  

tender care


You stir quietly

covering my hand in yours

twining our fingers one by one

together


Our skins instinctively seek  

ways to wrap and melt a little closer

touches inspiring sighing caresses

two as one




Talking Tattoos


The hummingbird graces

her calf from ankle to knee

ready to lift up in swift flight

with each step she takes


His snakes wind around

and around his arm and across

his back to shoulder and slithering down

embrace his wrist


She walks through the door of my shop

on the first spring day and

sweaterless reveals a

jungle of tropical flowers


The triskelion at the base of

her spine is only revealed

to one who can be trusted

to honour all of her


She has endured the sacredness

of days long ceremony

claiming her Samoan lineage

from limb to limb


He wears bracelets of

his children’s names

each one locked on his arm

with links of hearts


Her geckos peek over her

shoulder from behind her back

and around her neck I swear

one blinked at me


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fee Thomas

The Miracle of love I stand right here My eyes fill with water I hear your ship coming to dock I stand right here My hands catch the water I...