FOUR FEATHERS PRESS ONLINE EDITION: BODY PARTS Send up to three poems on the subject of or just using either the words body and/or part totaling up to 150 lines in length in the body of an email message or attached in a Word file to donkingfishercampbell@gmail.com by 11:59 PM PST on January 19th. No PDF's please. Color artwork is also desired. Please send in JPG form. No late submissions accepted. Poets and artists published in Four Feathers Press Online Edition: Body Parts will be published online and will be invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, January 20th between 3 and 5 pm PST.

Saturday, January 20, 2024

Fee Thomas

The Miracle of love


I stand right here

My eyes fill with water

I hear your ship coming to dock

I stand right here

My hands catch the water

I cannot see you coming

I sense you’re near

You touch my shoulder

My whole body turns to water

One more time

Your love makes a miracle of me





I climbed a mountain


To see the whole world

I saw everything

It saw something, too

My feet became the ledge of the mountain

The ledge of the mountain became my feet

In rushing came the mountain air

Robustly, without hesitation

Out of my chest

A murder of black birds

Each carrying the ghost of my every tear

Exhausted, I lay there exhaling

Becoming the world


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fee Thomas

The Miracle of love I stand right here My eyes fill with water I hear your ship coming to dock I stand right here My hands catch the water I...